Travertine Tiles in Armidale
Travertine is a natural limestone found around mineral springs. It is a beautiful stone and a popular choice for homes and gardens everywhere. If you are considering introducing travertine into your home but haven’t yet made up your mind, then we are here to help and have put together some of the pros and cons for you.
Advantages of Using Travertine Tiles
– Travertine is a versatile stone suitable for use throughout the house and garden. It comes in many colour variations and finishes so will complement your existing décor and enable you to create a unique look that suits you.
– Tiles are expensive and laying them takes time, so it is natural to want your tiles to last. Travertine is hard-wearing and durable, so whether on the walls or floors, you know that your tiles will stay looking great for years to come.
– Travertine is generally easier to cut and shape than other tiles, so is a very popular choice with tradesmen. The workability of the tiles means they can be used to make interesting patterns and tiles can easily be fitted into the space you have available.
Easy to replace
– Being a natural stone, travertine is quarried rather than manufactured. Therefore, if a tile does need replacing, you have a much better chance of finding a replacement than you would for porcelain tiles that may go out of stock.
– If selecting environmentally friendly products is important to you, then you can’t go wrong with travertine tiles. It is a natural stone so doesn’t require the costly and energy demanding manufacturing processes that man-made tiles do. It is also biodegradable, recyclable and can be reused in future projects.
– Whilst perhaps more expensive than porcelain tiles, travertine is cheaper than other natural stone alternatives like marble and granite. It is therefore a great option if you are wanting the natural look but not prepared to pay the high costs of marble and granite.
To view pour range of Travertine tiles, see our Travertine Tile section.